9/11/10: Training Update

This ended up being a great week of training. The stats are:
  • Saturday: 23 miles in the Massanuttens on the Tuscarora trail
  • Sunday: 26 miles on DC trails
  • Monday: 17 miles mostly on hilly roads with 2 treadmill miles at 10% grade and 6mph
  • Tuesday: Off due to work travel
  • Wednesday: 9 mile run in Toronota. It was a beautiful sunrise run along Lake Ontario. I took some pictures that I'll post soon.
  • Thursday: 11 miles
  • Friday: 9 miles with hill sprints
  • Total: 95 miles

I felt strong all week, and most of the runs were pretty fast relative to my usual pace. This was the third week of heavier training (75 miles, 85 miles, 95 miles), and next week will be a down week with 40ish miles to recover.

I'm taking this weekend mostly off while I help my Dad do some work at the Florida house and drive with him from Florida to DC to bring some things back to Jersey. It'll be good to take it easy and not run much for a few days after a tough week of training.

Hope you all enjoy the great fall weather!

Comments