8/24/14: Hiking in Zermatt

Zermatt is all I could have hoped for and more.  We've been busy enjoying this place, but I thought I'd post a few pictures.  Most of them are from a one hour and forty five minute run I did up the mountain and back.  I covered about 2,300 feet of climbing and descending on a route heading most of the way up to Schwarzsee.

Morning over Zermatt with the Matterhorn in the background 


In Furi, which is where the town ends and the mountain begins.  This is about 1,000 feet above the main town.



Starting to climb above Furi and beginning to see some huge mountains in the background 


First view of Monte Rosa through the trees 

Monte Rose in the back middle.  The highest peak there is over 4,500m. 

 Looking down at the town of Zermatt where I started the run
Better and better views of Monte Rose, the glaciers, and runoff mountain streams as I go up 





The trail kept going up, but alas it was time to head back down 










Comments