8/9/08: Olympics!

It's been three weeks since I finished the Vermont 100. Recovery has been going pretty well. After about a week and half, I was able to start running again. I'm getting back into training now and feeling pretty good.

I've also been fortunate enough to have Brooks agree to sponsor me. I've been running in their shoes for a while now, so it's great that they'll be able to help me out.

The really exciting thing going on now is the Olympics. There are a lot of great American distance runners, and I'm excited to see what they can do. What are your predictions for the Men's and Women's marathons? The fields are very stacked this year, so I'm curious to see what you all think. I'll let you know my predictions shortly. Whatever happens, I'm sure they will be very interesting races with the crazy conditions in Beijing.

Comments

Dylan said…
My prediction for the women's marathon:

Constantina Tomescu Dita will win in around 2:26
Wincatherine Nyambura Ndereba about 22 seconds behind
Chunxiu Zhou gets third after being out leaned

The men's race is harder to predict right now...I will let you know after that race has happened also. But Lagat may overcome his 1500 semifinal loss to double in the 5000 and the marathon.
Danny said…
I disagree with Dylan's predictions.
SBK said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
SBK said…
I disagree with Danny's predictions