10/17/08: Weekly Training Log

Well it’s been a great week of training. DC had beautiful weather, and I had some really good runs this week. Here’s the breakdown:

Saturday – 19 miles with 15 hard at 6:46 (ran w/ DC Road Runners)
Sunday – 18 mile trail run at Seneca Greenway
Monday – 7 miles easy
Tuesday – Off (traveling for work)
Wednesday – 12 miles with 7 x 800 @ 2:46
Thursday – 10 miles easy
Friday – 8 miles easy
Total – 80 miles

I was especially surprised by Saturday’s long run. I hadn’t done any long runs or speed work in 3-4 weeks with the wedding and honeymoon. I started out running with the lead pack and figured I’d see how far I could make it. They really started pushing the pace around mile 7, but I was able to hang on.

I did pay a price for it, though. Between that run and the following day’s 18 mile run, I was still a bit sore for the Wednesday night track workout. I still ran pretty well, but the workout was a bit harder than it should have been.

I’m also starting to get my race schedule set for next year. I signed up for the Bel Monte 50 Miler on March 28th. It’s on a pretty serious course out in George Washington National Forest with 11,000 feet of elevation gain and descent. This should be a really fun, challenging race, and I’m looking forward to it. I’m also planning to sign up for some 50Ks in February and March and may do a 50 miler/and or 50K in April.

Comments