10/31/08: Halloween Week Training Update

  • Sunday: Off (trashed legs)
  • Monday: 24 @ 7:05
  • Tuesday: 8 easy
  • Wednesday: 10 easy
  • Thursday: 12 w/ 4 x 1mi @ 5:43
  • Friday: 7 easy
  • Total: 71

This was one of the best weeks of marathon training I’ve had. Sunday’s long run was fantastic. I was hoping at best to hit 7:20s for the 24 miles, but I ended up running 7:05 pace. I felt really smooth the whole way and had a lot in the tank at the end. It was perfect weather, and this was one of those days were you feel you can just run fast forever. Hopefully I’ll feel that way when I toe the line at Philly.

Wednesdays track workout was also a really great run. My legs were still a bit tired from Sundays long run, but I went in hoping for 5:50 mile repeats. I managed to run 4 repeats in 5:43 and felt great the whole way.

I’m really starting to get my speed back and think things could go really well in Philly.

Comments