11/7/08: Weekly training log

  • Saturday: 17 w/ 12 @ 6:45
  • Sunday: 18 mile trail run (Bull Run)
  • Monday: 10 miles easy
  • Tuesday: 9 miles easy
  • Wednesday: 8 miles w/ 4 @ 6:30
  • Thursday: 8 miles easy
  • Friday: 8 miles easy
  • Total: 78 miles

This was the last big week of training before the Philadelphia Marathon. I am definitely in need of a taper now. On Saturday, I ran with the DC road runners and felt pretty good. Most of the run was closer to 7:00 miles, and then I really pushed the pace at the end (sub 6:30). I finished strong and was feeling pretty good.

I love the Bull Run trail, but Sunday was a pretty tough run. Between tired legs from the day before and staying out too late partying on Saturday night, it was pretty painful. My legs were tired for pretty much the rest of the week. I was also traveling for work on Wednesday and Thursday and had to run on a treadmill, which I really don’t like.

I’m pretty excited for Philly and looking forward to resting up and letting my body recover from all the hard training.

Comments

SBK said…
you should sign up officially for the turkey trot- you can place. i'll probably run it unofficially.

9:30AM, the website is difficult to find this year.