Sunday, December 14, 2008

12/14/08: Training Log and 2009 Plan

After taking 2 weeks off after Philly, I started building back up this week. I didn't do any long runs, but I did hit the track. The workout actually went surprisingly well given how little I've been running. I seem to be able to maintain speed much better than I used to. Here's the day by day runs:
  • Saturday: Off
  • Sunday: 8 miles easy
  • Monday: 7 miles easy
  • Tuesday: 8 miles easy
  • Wednesday: 7 miles. 10x400 @ 82 with only 100M jogging rest
  • Thursday: 7 miles easy
  • Friday: 5 miles easy
  • Total: 42 miles

I've also been doing some more planning for 2009. On the right I have the current plan listed out. I'll probably add a few more races and may end up not doing a few of the ones listed, but this is the rough plan.

In general I'd like to race a lot more next year. I really enjoy races, soI might as well do them more often. This will mean that I can't peak for all the races, but I can do a lot more of my long training runs as races, which will be more fun than running solo.

I plan to do a lot of 50s with marathons as hard training runs. I'd don't plan to actually go all out in any of the marathons or try for a newmarathon PR next year. I do want to break my 50 mile PR though. I'm excited to shoot for this at the JFK 50 in November. I had a lot of fun there last year and hope to improve significantly on my 7:51.

I hope some of you can join me for some of these races next year!

2 comments:

SBK said...

What is your 2009 race schedule look like?

What are your holiday plans?

Laura said...

I'll be running Little Rock March 15th - did Jen mention that to you? Since she's off work now and all, she thought maybe both of you could fly down and join me. At first I saw that falls in between two of your ultras... but hey maybe it can be one of your "training runs" :)