12/7/08: Rest and Recovery

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

I don't have too much to report since Philly. I ended up taking the last two weeks off. I've been training hard all year and planned to take a week to recover. However, I got sick on Thanksgiving and unfortunately stayed sick for over a week.

Being sick was no fun, but it did force me not to run for two weeks. I went for a run again today and felt great - fresh and rejuvinated. I'll probably take it somewhat easy for the rest of December (40-60 mile weeks) and then really fire it back up in January.

While I'll keep the mileage lower, I do plan to try to get back out with the Road Runners and do some faster running. Hopefully I can maintain the speed that I built before Philly even when I go back into ultra training.

I've been spending a lot of time figuring out my racing plan for 2009. I'm still thinking through a few things and will post about that soon.

Comments