2/14/09: Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

It's been a while since I posted. Things have been pretty crazy. Jen and I have been traveling a lot, and I've been working a ton too. Luckily things have calmed down a bit.

It took a little while to recover from the MMT training run I posted about last time, but I've had some good solid training since then. I hit 95 miles the following week with a 35 mile trail run and got another 30 miler in the next week.

This last weekend I "recovered" while skiing out in Utah. We had lots of snow out there and some great powder skiing. I was lucky enough to sign up for Utah's Interconnect tour on the day when we got 2 feet of snow. The tour hits 6 ski areas all on skis traveling mostly throughout some awesome backcountry areas. We only hit 4 of the ski areas due to passes closing with all the snow, but it was hands down the best day of skiing I've had. I came back from Utah feeling a bit beat up from skiing but pretty fresh running wise.

Now that I'm more rested, I'm planning on some pretty serious training in the next month and a half. Here's the schedule:
  • Feb 15 (tomorrow): George Washington Birthday marathon
  • Feb 21: drive out the Massanuttens for a long mountain training run
  • Feb 28: take it a bit easy (getting our new puppy this weekend!)
  • March 7: Seneca Greenway 50K
  • March 14: Elizabeths' Fat Ass 50K in the Massanuttens
  • March 21: take it a bit easy
  • March 28: Bel Monte 50 miler (has 11K elevation gain)

It'll definitely be more racing than I've done before. I'm planning to treat most of the races as hard training runs, so hopefully I'll be able to stay pretty healthy throughout.

I'm also still trying to figure out what my peak race will be for late spring/early summer. I'm planning to peak for the JFK 50 this fall but haven't decided what I really want to gun for in the first half of the year. I'm contemplating heading out west for a big mountain race, but we'll see. I'll keep you all posted.

Also, the site I raised money for with the Vermont 100, Firstgiving, did a bit of a spotlight on me. Check it out if you're interested at http://www.teamfirstgiving.com/tips/inspiration-for-fundraisers-will-weidman/.

Comments