4/6/10: Spring Running

I feel like I have a lot to write about but very little time to do so!

I've been very focused on ramping up to Boston over the last few weeks. I was sick for about a week, but have still been managing to jam in a lot of quality workouts, including:
  • 3 miles in 18 minutes
  • 16 miles with 12 @ 7:15s
  • 19 miles in low to mid 7s
  • 800s in 2:49s
  • 3x1 miles in 5:45s
  • 21 miles with 16 @ 7:00s

I've started to feel pretty good and am exciting for Boston. I don't think I'm in better shape than I was before Philly, but I feel like I have a good shot at sub 3.

It has also been some amazingly glorious running weather here in DC. The first set of pictures below was taken on various days while running around town. The second set is from a trip to wine country with Jen and Eve that also included some hiking in the Shenandoahs. It was awesome!

I'm looking forward to running the Muir Woods marathon this weekend and will definitely post some pictures soon.

Happy spring running!


Canal by Georgetown
Early spring in Rock Creek Park

Cherry Blossoms one morning





Random little park close to me

Eve loves wineries

Grey Ghost winery


Sharp Rock Vineyards

B&B where we stayed for a night



More of the B&B

And more. The grounds were really beautiful.


Climbing up during our hike


Eve wasn't quite up to a 6 mile hike, so she got to enjoy the ride for a while

Comments