10/10/10: Training Update

Last week was a bit of a down week for training. I ended up hitting something like 55 miles. Most of it was pretty easy running with the exception of a track workout with three 1 mile repeats (5:57, 5:51, 5:38).

I was feeling pretty energized going into this weekend. On Saturday I ran 26 miles out in the Massanuttens. It was an absolutely beautiful day (got some good pictures below). The run was so/so, and I basically ran out of gas, but it was a good time.

On Sunday I followed it up with a fairly brisk 27 miles that felt pretty good. One more big weekend of training for MMTR and then it is taper time!

(Nice morning view into the valley)
(The eastern ridge of the Massanuttens. I'm running on the western ridge. You can see the Shenadoahs in the background, too.)

(It was definitely well into fall up top!)




(Looking out west towards the GW National Forest)

(VIew from Signal Knob)




(Even better view looking out east over the Massanuttens and Shenandoahs)

Comments

Danny said…
I heard WillGT busted out a 44 mile training run last weekend?! The blogosphere needs to know this stuff!

Get ready to Birkie!