10/1/11: Finally a good week of training

I finally strung together a good week of training.

My speed/tempo work was not my fastest, and I cramped up towards the end, but I ran some decent times. I was pretty worn out at the end of my long runs, but they also went pretty well. I also found it interesting that I needed a lot more fluid and calories than usual during the long runs. I guess I am less efficient after the time off.

But it was great to get back to some good solid training. Here is the summary:


  • Saturday: 20 miles @ 7:25 (much it was hilly trails)

  • Sunday: 20 miles + lifting

  • Monday: 10 miles

  • Tuesday: 14 miles with 2 @ 6:00 + lifting

  • Wednesday: Off (traveling for work)

  • Thursday: 6 miles with 4 @ 6:15 + lifting

  • Friday: 10 miles

  • Total: 80 miles

Comments

Danny said…
Reverse taper is in full effect!

Glad to hear you're feeling good and getting out to hike in the mountains!