10/12/11: More running in Chicago!

So after the Chicago Marathon this weekend, I flew to San Antonio Monday night for a meeting on Tuesday. Then I flew back to Chicago on Tuesday night for a conference on Wednesay. Incredibly efficient use of time.

The upshot was that I was able to get out at dawn this morning for an incredible run along the lakefront. I was staying in a great location at the Hilton Chicago and was able to pop into Grant Park right outside of the hotel. I headed north along the lakefront for about 7 glorious miles.

The weather was perfect, and it was great to be able to watch the sun rise over the lake. Runs like these are what I really love about this sport. My legs were still beat up from pushing too hard in the marathon and from an overly exuberant 11 miles yesterday, but it still just felt awesome to be out there. One good thing about shorter days is being able to see more sunrises without having to wake up as early for runs.

I brought along the iPhone and took a few pictures en route.

The hotel I was staying at right along Grant Park


Looking out over fields towards the museum at dawn



For some reason, this picture came out very blurry, but it gives you some sense of how beautiful the sunrise was







Jen and I actually took engagement photos right around here


The Hancock building











This field is where the post marathon festivities were held. I spent a while after the race laying on the grass and pulling myself back together while drinking some outstanding Goose Island beer

Comments