1/12/14: Training Recap

I have had the usual ups and downs in training over the past 3 weeks, but the ups have been pretty solid. I took advantage of the down week between Christmas and New Years to run 91 miles and crank out some really good workouts.

I did some hard runs both before and after this week, so I ran about 125 miles over 9 days with lots of tough workouts. Needless to say, I needed a bit of recovery after that (and after New Year's Eve). I dialed it back the next week and ran 62 miles with nothing that hard.

Last week I hit 70 miles despite some work travel and got back to running some decent worksout.

Here are some of the key workouts I've run over the past 3 weeks:


  • Tuesday 12/27: 8 miles @ 6:22. Felt pretty easy.

  • Thursday 12/29: 3 x 2mi @ 6:00 (6:07, 5:56, 5:56). This was outside in Chicago, and it was crazy windy. I was hurting in the first 2 mile repeat, so I was really happy to be able to crush the second two.

  • Saturday 1/7: 19 miles total with 14 @ 6:56 on a hilly route.

  • Thursday 1/12: 10 miles with 2 miles in 11:38. Did a morning run and was going to do a nighttime workout. Worked late and ran out of time, so I just hammered it for 2 miles.

  • Saturday 1/14: 24 miles with 19 @ 6:57. Felt very comfortable the whole time. Big confidence booster.

Comments